Building our own house has been interesting to say the least. No, nothing dramatic has happened and our house is sailing along. The framers did have to come back and add some extra supports that have recently been added to requirements in construction to help the building withstand winds up to 100 mph.
To give you an idea of what’s been happening with it the last few weeks:
The siding is now finished the roofing will be finished by tomorrow. For now I’ll give you a picture of our front door and let you give us opinions on what color the front door should be. The colors are a little hard to see. Somehow I usually am at the house in either the early sunlight hours or late sunlight hours so I have a hard time getting a good color capture.
The siding is green, the shutters black, trim white and shingles dark charcoal gray. The front door has wrought iron in it which is hard to see in this picture. I’ll try to get a better picture to put up.
Being involved with the construction is educational, as well as a chance to rub shoulders with interesting people! Not wildly colorful but interesting nonetheless. Yeah, Wes, I’m talking about you! Just kidding! No, I haven’t forgotten about the cheesecake yet!!
The last few weeks have been busier than I should’ve let them get (according to my sis! ). This past week has seen me at home several nights which is a good thing. It is a hard thing to think up a fun or “giving” activity only to have to say “no, I’ve got to have some down time.” So a few highlights of the last couple of weeks.
- Helping Reggie’s move to their new house. They built one lot up the road from us. We’re also right around the corner from Wes & Ginny.
- Weekend in Antrim with friends. A fast and furious trip. 24 hours on the road, 48 hours there. Shopping in “Homes Konty”. Lunch with friends there.
- Making decisions about house things and writing lots of checks!
- An evening with Ginny, Crysta and Lois on Wes’ overnight run night.
- Memorable photo shoot on Jekyll with no-see-ems and biting flies causing us all to nearly lose it! So sad, God gave us a beautiful sunset but the bugs made it almost impossible to enjoy it on the beach. Off didn’t begin to deter them. Enjoyed supper at a Mexican restaurant later.
- My brother Henry came over for Daddy’s birthday, his 71st b.d.
- Erin & Freida came last weekend. I didn’t get to spend as much time with them as I would’ve liked. Freida and I did do lunch at Stories on Monday.
- Monday evening had Carol Yoder and Loretta Fisher from Fairplay girls camp here overnight. They were on their way home from a supplies drop-off to a group of girls on a canoeing trip on the Suwannee River.
This weekend some cousin from SC are coming for the weekend. We are very excited about pulling this off, after talking about it for a long time.
This post feels a little disjointed but I’ve gotta keep moving. A few pictures from “homes konty”.